> I bet this is the problem.  The รก character seems to be in unicode rather
>than ascii.  U can try directly inputting it with Alt+0225 or doing >chr(225)
>(or whatever it is in Hungarian encoding).

Thanks, I believe you may be correct in that some characters are not being
handled properly. But can anyone point me in the direction of generic solution
so that this will function regardless of language?  The data comes directly
from Win32::NetAdmin::GetAliasFromRID() so one would think that there is way to
properly pass the this name to another method even if some transformation is
necessary.