Jack D. wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dan Jablonsky
Sent: April 17, 2006 8:00 PM
To: perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: stop a Windows application from within a Perl script

Hi all,
I have a very simple script that pings the outside world and reboots a router when it gets no answer to the ping anymore; on top of that I need to stop and start again a windows application. I know how to start the app and I know how to stop it if it were unix -> to stop the app, just kill the associated process ...
How does one do this in Windows?

If you start the application using Win32::Process you would just kill it
using the pid (similar to unix) Win32::Process::KillProcess($pid)

But better would be to get the window handle and send a WM_CLOSE message to it.

regards,
Reinhard