Sample code would be appreciated.  I don't use it myself, but I can try
it out and see what sticks.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
DePriest, Jason R.
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 11:42 AM
To: perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: Win32::EventLog::Message and Windows 2003

I have a perl scrip that uses Win32::EventLog:Message and
Win32::EventLog::Carp.

It runs via a scheduled task and I needed an easy way to see what it was
doing.

The events are written to the event log, but the registering does not
work on Windows 2003.

On Windows Professional (my development system), the entries shows up
fine in the log.  On Windows 2003 I get the old "description ...
cannot be found" messages.

Is there a way to get the EventLog scripts to work correctly on
Windows 2003?  Am I doing something wrong and it works fine for
everybody else (I can post sample code if you need it).

Thanks!

-Jason