I'm trying to use Win32:SerialPort on an XP system. Apparently the standard
Windows Perl installation doesn't contain it, so I downloaded and installed it.
THAT seems to require Win32:API which I didn't find either. I tried to download
it from CPAN but I got an error trying to unpack it, so I copied what appeared
to be the correct files from another computer. However, when I try to execute a
script that contains "use  Win32::SerialPort;" at line 12 I get the error:

Can't locate loadable object for module Win32::API in @INC (@INC contains:
C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at C:/Perl/lib/Win32API/CommPort.pm line 5
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/lib/Win32API/CommPort.pm line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/Win32API/CommPort.pm line 5.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/lib/Win32/SerialPort.pm line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/Win32/SerialPort.pm line 4.
Compilation failed in require at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\pos\cgi-bin\ComPortSetup.pl
line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\pos\cgi-bin\ComPortSetup

Line 5 of CommPort.pm is "use Win32::API", and the line in Win32\API.pm that
seems to be failing is "bootstrap Win32::API;"

The script works fine on the other computer mentioned above.

I suspect there may be some error in the sloppy way I tried to install this. Can
anyone shed some light or suggest what to do?

Thanks,
Dave