-----8<--------
PPM is one of question but main question is that SFTP can be
working on Win32.
-----8<--------

The short answer based on my experience is it's supposed to work but I
couldn't get it to work. I gave up and downloaded PuTTY and used
pscp.exe specifically as a system call (YIKES)! to achieve the desired
functionality.

I do remember having the Math::Pari installation issues that you
mentioned in a previous e-mail to the group which triggers me to share
some of my experiences:

I made the mistake of manually installing Math::Pari from cpan only to
read from the SSH module owner that execution issues arise from not
installing the module and its dependencies from ppm completely. I then
tried to uninstall all the dependencies that I had installed manually
and use the soulcage repository, but to no avail. I was going to
uninstall Perl, and start all over again, but there was one other snag
that persuaded me not to - I noticed that initialisation took a really
long time. It took about 30 seconds for it to come to a stage where it
was ready to transfer (which for my failed installation hangs at a
particular log message). For the size of files that I wanted to transfer
30 seconds for initialisation was too much for me to wait for.

By right you should start from a clean ppm installation, then make 2
changes:

In SFTP.pm make the following changes change
use Net::SSH::Perl 1.24;
use Net::SSH::W32Perl;

Then your calling code should be:
my $ssh = Net::SSH::W32Perl->new($sftp->{host}, protocol => 2, debug =>
$sftp->{debug}, @{$param{ssh_args}});

If you're not so keen on the pscp hack and still have issues running
SFTP on Win32 you could try accessing the WS_FTP API by the WsftpApi
interface. Jan wrote some example code which I'll paste here:

use strict;
use Win32::OLE;

my $wsftp = Win32::OLE->new("WsftpSDK.WsftpApi");
my $conn = $wsftp->CreateConnection("127.0.0.1", "test", "password", 2,
21);

$conn->PutFile("c:\temp", "802.exe", "/users/test", "File1.exe", 0, 0);

HTH.

Cheers,

Just in