Hi Deane Rothenmaier,

I am sorry for using IM-lish. I will surely make sure that i don't commit this mistake again in any mailing lists.

Since i was in a hurry, i did not notice the IM-lish language used by me. Sorry once again and Thanks for the feedback.

I completely understand what you have told in the mail.

Thanks and Regards,
Dharshana

USE ENGLISH, not IM-lish; this is NOT an AOL chat room, and we're not a bunch of 14-year-olds.

"Ur" is not a word, it is the name of an ancient Chaldean city. It's also a prefix meaning original or prototypical, as in "ur-lord," for you Thomas Covenant fans.

What "ur" might mean to anyone for whom American English (not to dignify it as being anything of the sort) is not their native tongue is, as was previously mentioned by another poster, open to misinterpretation and causes unnecessary confusion.

If ur (you're)  as lazy in ur (your) coding as ur (you are) in your emailing, one would be amazed to find that you have anything that "wurx."

IMHO, it's bad enough that smileys and acronyms, such as IMHO, have weaseled their way into this forum; don't make things worse by using IM-lish.

Don't make me come through these wires and smack your fingers with my ruler!

Deane Rothenmaier
Systems Architect
Walgreens Corp.
847-914-5150

"Truth is eternal, knowledge is changeable.  It is disastrous to confuse them." -- Madeleine L'Engle