"Su, Yu (Eugene)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> graced perl with these words
of wisdom:

> I wrote a simple script which did the job, but it was too slow. It
> took over 40 seconds on my 5 year old PC. I wonder if there is better
> way to make it run faster.

A faster processor?  :-p

Are the 40 seconds of your life really that critical?  ;-)

And seriously, would optimizing the code have taken at least 40 seconds
longer than writing this batch of code?  If so, then you wouldn't save any
time.

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
Hmmm....  Eternal happiness for one dollar?  [Pauses] On second thought,