Hello list,

The copy command is failing, error says:

Copy failed: No such file or directory at D:\Perl\get_files\get_files.pl
line 178, <STDIN> line 9

# = = = =  get_files.pl = = = = =
line 177: if ( -e $from ) {
line 178:  copy("$from","$to") or die "Copy failed: $!";
line 179:  $count++;
line 180:  } else {
line 181:    print "NOT FOUND: $from\n";
line 182:  }

My theory is get_files.pl is having a problem copying across windows
drives.
The sys admin who reported this error said the files she's trying to copy
the D drive are "on the H drive using Vertias clustering on SAN"

So I have these questions:
Am I barking up the right tree, or do I need to bark up another?
How do I solve this, if the problem IS copying across drives?
If the file test operator (-e) sees the files, why doesn't copy?

best,

 /dennis

Phone: 317.298.6049
Methods for predicting the future:
1) read horoscopes, tea leaves, tarot cards, or crystal balls . . .
collectively known as "nutty methods;"
2) put well-researched facts into sophisticated computer . . .
commonly referred to as "a complete waste of time."

— Scott Adams

for such purpose.