________________________________

        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
John Townsend
        Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 08:33
        To: perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com
        Subject: How do I know where my Perl script is running?

        Here's my situation:

        My script is executed by a larger system, from some abitrary
directory. How can I tell from which directory my Perl script was
executed?

        I guess I'm looking for something like pwd from UNIX.

  $0 holds the name of the file executing your script. It appears as
fully qualified name.
    I don't think the cwd will give you what you want as regards the
script being executed. ( In fact I know it won't) Use $0.

       Wags ;)
David R Wagner
Senior Programmer Analyst
FedEx Freight