----- Original Message -----
From: "Veli-Pekka Tätilä" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Perl Win32 Users" <perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:34 PM
Subject: Multimedia Timers or Other Hi Res Timing

.
> I've read Perl and C integration is much harder than in some
> other langs but cannot really comment on that.

I personally think that the Inline::C module (which comes with a handy
"perldoc Inline:::C-Cookbook") makes it a lot easier than it would otherwise
be.

>Are there good tutorials
> for writing C extensions, at any rate?

There's "perldoc perlxstut" ... but I wouldn't call that a *good* tutorial.
For any C extensions that I write, I still write out the functions as I
would for Inline::C (into a separate file), and then use InlineX::C2XS
(which uses Inline::C) to create the XS file from that file of Inline::C
functions.

It's all a bit convoluted, but I find it easier than writing an XS file from
scratch.

Cheers,
Rob