From: Jerry Kassebaum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On my Windows XP this line:
>
> `copy $source\\$_ $dest`;
>
> will copy files from c:\whatever\whatever\file.ext to the directory
> the Perl script is in, but not to $dest. How do I make it copy to
> $dest?
>
> FYI, $source="c:\\whatever\\whatever"; so the backslash isn't the problem.

And $dest is?

Are you sure the command looks right? Try to add

print "EXECUTE: copy $source\\$_ $dest\n";

above that command. I would not be surprised if you found out that
the $source actually looked like this:

        $source="c:\\whatever\\whatever\n";

Always make sure the variables contain exactly what you think they do
and the command looks exactly as you expected!

In this particular case you should

        use File::Copy;

anyway.

Jenda