Hi all,
I am trying to install IO::Tty and Expect module on my Windows Machine.
I have downloaded the module from cpan.
I am running (Active State) Perl 5.8.8.

When I try to run the install through cpan, I get the following error,

        nolock_cpan> install IO::Tty
        Running install for module 'IO::Tty'
        Running make for R/RG/RGIERSIG/IO-Tty-1.07.tar.gz
        CPAN: checksum security checks disabled because Digest::SHA not
installed.
        IO-Tty-1.07/
        IO-Tty-1.07/ChangeLog
        IO-Tty-1.07/Makefile.PL
        IO-Tty-1.07/MANIFEST
        IO-Tty-1.07/META.yml
        IO-Tty-1.07/Pty.pm
        IO-Tty-1.07/README
        IO-Tty-1.07/test.pl
        IO-Tty-1.07/try
        IO-Tty-1.07/Tty.pm
        IO-Tty-1.07/Tty.xs

          CPAN.pm: Going to build R/RG/RGIERSIG/IO-Tty-1.07.tar.gz

        Now let's see what we can find out about your system
        (logfiles of failing tests are available in the conf/ dir)...

        ERROR: cannot run the configured compiler 'cl'
        (see conf/compilerok.log). Suggestions:
        1) The complier 'cl' is not in your PATH. Add it
           to the PATH and try again. OR
        2) The compiler isn't installed on your system. Install it. OR
        3) You only have a different compiler installed (e.g. 'gcc').
           Either fix the compiler config in the perl Config.pm
           or install a perl that was built with the right compiler
           (you could build perl yourself with the available compiler).

        Note: this is a system-administration issue, please ask your
local
        admin for help. Thank you.

        Warning: No success on command[C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe Makefile.PL]
        Directory '\.cpan\build\IO-Tty-1.07-A0Tm6Q' not below
\.cpan\build\., will not s
        tore persistent state
          RGIERSIG/IO-Tty-1.07.tar.gz
          C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe Makefile.PL -- NOT OK
        Running make test
          Make had some problems, won't test
        Running make install
          Make had some problems, won't install
        Failed during this command:
         RGIERSIG/IO-Tty-1.07.tar.gz                  : writemakefile NO
'C:\Perl\bin\pe
        rl.exe Makefile.PL' returned status 512

Can you please help me with the compilation.
>From the online searches, I understand we need the C/C++ compiler and
also utility nmake.
If you can guide me through the steps, or if there is a previously built
module, it will be very useful for me.
My project is due deadline, and I would really appreciate any help you
can provide me with.

Thanks
Udaya