Thanks for this feedback, Stuart.

I use perl2exe with the -gui option to eliminate
the DOS window on my Perl/Tk script.

I launch CLAmp.exe with a system() from my script.
It is the DOS window that results from the system()
that I am trying to control/eliminate.

Talking directly to Winamp would avoid this - as I am
doing with the simple commands (pause, next, previous,
volume up, etc).    It is the loading of songs that
I cannot seem to do.

Jon