The idea of better employee monitoring has been discussed at my
office. I'd like to create a compiled executable to be distributed via
group policy that will track mouse movement (or lack of) and report
activity/inactivity to a local server. I want to know when an employee
is working and when they're away from their desk.

I already know how to compile a perl script, distribute it to all
workstations, and have it report back to a server. I need to know
what's the best way to implement tracking of mouse movement. Ideas?

Also, the workstation OS is XP Pro if it makes any difference.

- Chris