        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 9:44 AM
        To: perl-win32-users@listserv.activestate.com
        Subject: urgent help : Error while installing Crypt::DES at
Windows XP

        Hi All,

          Getting error while installing Crypt::DES, I thought it is due
to Microsoft VC++, and I installed it successfully but still I am
getting the below same error.

        C:\Documents and
Settings\mukaa\Mustafa\ssh_files\Crypt-DES-2.05>nmake

        Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 1.50

        Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved.

                cl -c    -nologo -GF -W3 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -O1 -DWIN32
-D_CONSOLE -DNO_ST

        RICT -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DUSE_SITECUSTOMIZE -DPRIVLIB_LAST_IN_INC
-DPERL_IMPLICIT

        _CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -DUSE_PERLIO -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX
-MD -Zi -DNDEBUG

         -O1    -DVERSION=\"2.05\"  -DXS_VERSION=\"2.05\"
"-IC:\Perl\lib\CORE"   DES.c

        'cl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

        operable program or batch file.

        NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe' : return
code '0x1'

        Stop.

        Please help me to overcome this issue.

        Thanks,