* Jenda Krynicky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008:06:23:02:26:17+0200] scribed:
> Date sent:    Sun, 22 Jun 2008 18:41:27 -0500
> From: Mike Schleif <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject:      module to convert text to tiff ???
>
> > I'm searching cpan; but, I do not find what we need.
> >
> > We want to convert text documents to tiff format.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Convert text documents to an image? Erm? What kind of documents? What
> do you mean by the conversion? If you wanted to convert between
> different image formats it would be clear, but what does it mean to
> convert a text document to an image?

This project is part of a large workflow process.

There is a document management software that OCR's incoming documents.

We take the OCR'd plain text, parse it into a fields/values hash,
compare sku's/prices to a database, rearrange the fields/values into a
normalized format, and pass a tif image of the resulting document back
to the document management software for search/archival purposes.

cpan lists many modules for converting graphics formats to tiff.

Google shows several proprietary/pay binary text to tiff conversion
tools.

I am hoping to do this entirely in Perl.

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,

Mike Schleif
mds resource
877.596.8237
-
What will you do with 1 Million website visitors?
<http://millionsoffreevisitors.com>