Hi, list.

My PC has two physical hard drives. I'm trying to use Win32::AdminMisc to
read the individual sizes and cylinder, sector, and head counts for them.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find info on this module. Is there some way
to get code to recognize that there are two physical drives present and
report them separately? Is there some way to get actual values for C/H/S?
Or am I just wasting your time again?

I've got working code that assumes (yes, I know) that a workstation will
have only one physical drive and reports the two as being "logical drives"
(partitions, I'm guessing?). I'd rather not post it at this time. BUT, I'm
not asking you folks to write the code for me, just a pointer in the right
direction...that direction being information on Win32_AdminMisc.

I've looked on MSDN, but its index goes right from Win32_ActiveRoute to
Win32_AllocatedResource, Win32_AdminMisc should be right between them,
shouldn't it? Or am I looking up the wrong tree?

TIA,

Deane Rothenmaier
Programmer/Analyst
Walgreens Corp.
224-542-5150

The chief cause of problems is solutions. - Eric Sevareid