From: perl-win32-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com
[mailto:perl-win32-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com] On Behalf Of Bryan
Keller
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:45 AM
To: perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: New to Perl and stuck

Hi all,

The following gets me the lines I need for any single txt file.

#!usr/bin/perl
use warnings;
use strict;

my @output = <>;
print "$ARGV";
print ("\nESTIMATION\n");
print @output[18,21..24,28..31,206..208];
print "\nPOPULATION\n";
print @output[220,223..226,229..233,424..426];

These txt files are in groups of 25 (in folders).  My goal is to automate this
so that after specifying a folder, Perl will pull the specified lines from each
of the 25 txt files in that folder and write them to a single output file.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions!

Bryan