http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E6E1C3DF-A74F-
> 4207-8586-711EBE331CDC&displaylang=en .
>
> Will installation of the latter clobber the former in any way ? It's
> important that I don't lose the 2003 version, as it seems to be no
> longer readily available from MS. (All links to it quickly turn into
> links to the 2008 version when it comes to strating a download.)
>
> But I *would* like to be able to switch between the two. Will that be
> possible if I go ahead and install the 2008 version ?

I don't know about Vista 64, but I've got the Server 2003 SDK and the
Server 2008 SDK both installed on my 32-bit XP box, and they live
together quite happily.

I also have VC6, VC7, VC8 and VC9, all running without interfering with
each other as long as their environments are setup via their batch
scripts, not in the system environment.

(The only slight niggle I have is that the default vsvars32.bat with VC9
now looks in the registry for the latest Windows SDK installed. It ships
with v6.0A, so it uses that initially, but when you install the Server
2008 SDK (which is v6.1) it starts using that instead. I tweaked VC9's
batch script to always use the v6.0A that it came with, and I have a
separate batch script for setting up the v6.1 environment when I want to
use that.)