From: perl-win32-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com
[mailto:perl-win32-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com] On Behalf Of
Daniel Burgaud
Sent: July-31-09 5:32 PM
To: Perl-Win32-Users
Subject: Need help removing blinking cursor on a TK Scrolled

Hi

I have a Scrolled ROText:

$scrolled   = $mw->Scrolled( 'ROText',
                            -relief => 'flat',
                            -borderwidth => 1,
                            -scrollbars => 'e',
                            -cursor => 'top_left_arrow',
                            -width =>200,
                            -height => 30,
                            )->pack( -side => 'top',  -expand => 1, -fill =>
'both', );

My problem is that there is this annoying thin blinking cursor that is
ruining the display.
ie, there is already a "top_left_arrow" cursor controlled by the mouse and
another
blinking cursor which the users of the software would think as a "point of
input" for
key-presses. And when they do, they get frustrated why its not inserting
text.

Is there a way to hide this blinking cursor?

Off hand, the only way for me to hide it is to change this Scrolled'
background to black
to match the color of this blinking cursor.. but black background is not
suitable for this
application.

thanks.

Dan