Kprasad wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
> Actually my system has been used by number of users and anybody can change
> my coding of other valuable script (.pl or .plx).
> All script will be kept encoded rather than open code, I'll decrypt again as
> and when it's required.
> Is there any better option which can be used for this purpose?

1. use Acme::Bleach;
http://search.cpan.org/~dconway/Acme-Bleach-1.12/
It's not actually a solution, because anyone can decode your script.

2. use Subversion or other source control mechanism.
Doesn't help from somebody who's smart enough, but it keeps a track of changes,
so at least you can see what was changed.

3. setup file system security, so other users wouldn't change anything that
belongs to you.
Doesn't protect from users with administrative accounts.

--
Serguei Trouchelle