I have been looking at creating my own custom widgets, using the Tk::Widget
construct, as described in the book "Mastering Perl/Tk" . Whilst I believe
that I understand the construction process, nothing is said (as far as I can
see) about where such a mega-widget should be stored. For example, should
one follow the basic Tk hierarchy and create these custom packages under the
Tk folder(s) provided? Or should they exist within one's own library folder
or simply be added to the text of the associated Perl program?

I should perhaps add that I am not at this stage interested in producing a
"general" widget for submission to either CPAN or PPM (although that may
follow) but rather looking at the general process itself.

Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Geoff