From: perl-win32-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com
[mailto:perl-win32-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com] On Behalf Of
Jason Lowder
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 6:38 AM
To: perl-win32-users@listserv.activestate.com
Subject: Determining if a file is open

Hello,

Is there anyway to determine if a file is currently open by another
process?  I want to look at a file that is being generated by another
program (sometimes a very large file) and determine when it is finally
closed.

I see the file attributes for things like size, owner, type etc. but
nothing to really determine it's state.

Thanks,

Jason