----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Black" <andrewdbl...@googlemail.com>
To: <perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 8:33 PM
Subject: Upgrading to ActiveSate 5.10.1

>I am thinking of upgrading my personal machine to use 5.10.1 - are
> there any gotachas I should be aware off.
> In particular, do module packages in 5.10 repostiory work with 5.10.1

Yep - the packages in the 5.10 repository work fine with 5.10.1. There could
be some rare exceptions ... such as those modules that do "offbeat" things -
eg PAR::Packer.

Just install 5.10.1 "over the top" of the existing 5.10.0 installation, and
you'll find that those packages you've already installed still work fine -
no need to reinstall them.

Be aware that 5.12.0 is just a matter of a few days away, though I don't see
that as any reason to defer upgrading to 5.10.1. (When 5.12.0 does arrive,
it will need its own repository - ie the 5.10 packages won't work with
5.12.)

Cheers,
Rob