I have a large Perl/Tk application that
I've been working on for almost 10 years
and continue to enjoy fiddling with:

        http://www.suecenter.org

I recently noticed that ActiveState Perl 5.10.1.1007
does not include Tk in the distribution and that
it is not available via ppm either.   Rather Tkx
is recommended.   Is this all due to Nick's passing
or has Perl/Tk simply 'run its course' and something
better has taken its place?

I can certainly continue using the existing Perl
and Tk that I have but do wonder about directions
for the future.

How difficult will it be to transform a Perl/Tk
application into using Tkx with the different
syntax of widget creation, etc?   Is it worth the
trouble?

I've never used the PerlDev Kit
but it looks like it is time for me to do that!
I've been using perl2exe (to build .exe files)
and Advanced Installer (for making the installation)
but the Dev Kit has PerlApp and PerlMSI as alternatives.

Thank you all at ActiveState for your help.

Jon