----- Original Message -----
From: "Richie" <listm...@triad.rr.com>
To: "Sisyphus" <sisyph...@optusnet.com.au>
Cc: <perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:08 AM
Subject: Re: Net-SSH2 build process

> On 10/27/2010 2:31 AM, Sisyphus wrote:
>> (Btw, the ppm packages for Net-SSH2-0.33 available from the uwinnipeg
>> repo
>> should work fine with Strawberry Perl ... but I take it you already know
>> that.)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rob
>>
> Thanks for the information.  Anyway, I've come to rely on this
> functionality on both Windows and Solaris and so far you seem to be the
> only one that provides a packaged solution on Windows.

Serguei Trouchelle used to provide Net::SSH2 on his ppm repo - built using
MSVC++ and the Makefile provided in the win32 folder of the libssh2 source
distro (I think). You could (as yet another alternative) take a look at the
win32/Makefile.win32 and see if it offers any joy for you - I haven't tried
it.

Anyway, under more extensive testing, there was a problem with Serguei's
build, so he took it off the repo. (The actual problem was that the test
script that ships with Net::SSH2 segfaulted after test 28 was run. The
problem may since have been fixed faik.)

> I wanted to learn how to do it just in case :)  I'm actually new to
> cygwin, but already use msysgit, so I think I will switch to use a full
> install of msys.

Yes, msys is *my* preferred option. (I use cygwin pretty much only for its
'git' and 'svn' clients :-)

Cheers,
Rob