On 10/29/2010 9:01 PM, Sisyphus wrote:

> Installing to "/usr/local" should be avoided, since the MinGW compiler
> won't
> look there by default.
> #####################################
>
> Maybe "/mingw" is not the same as "msys/1.0/mingw" ... perhaps it's
> someplace else in the msys tree.

I didn't see any issue until running dmake in the perl shell which
didn't see all the canned mingw libs/includes.  Do you do anything extra
to your strawberry shell env (outside of Makefile.PL) to make it aware
of mingw/msys?

> If it's working ok (and it sounds like it is), I would happily leave
> it be.

Yea, although I was able to get a msys setup going using the wiki as
well, which works.

I've scrapped messing with 5.10 for now though because of the ld.exe
crashing even on XP.  Here is my last issue:

perl -e "use Net::SSH2"
I get a dialog box -> This application has failed to start because
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the application may fix
this problem.

I worked around it by adding C:\MinGW\bin to PATH for now.  Are doing
anything extra to incorporate a static gcc lib into the SSH2.dll?