From: perl-win32-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com
[mailto:perl-win32-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com] On Behalf Of Daniel
Burgaud
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:37 AM
To: Perl-Win32-Users
Subject: In need to efficiently retrieve HTTP

Hi All

Basically, I need to fetch thousands and thousands of small 200~4000 byte files
(map files). Opening and closing a socket connection is too slow a process so
much so a single file would take as much as 10 seconds!

Is there any perl script out there that can be used to efficiently fetch HTTP
files? A non-closing script? I sure wanna do Threaded on this one, but my win32
perl does not have thread capability.

Or perhaps, is there a win32 API for this purpose and can be called from a perl
script?

thanks

Dan