On 05/19/00, ""Elizabeth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" wrote:
> I am using MAPI 1.4 version.  I have problem when I retrieve an  attached
> file from a newly read mail.  If suppose the name of the attached file is
> nscript12.exe, the file gets extracted into the directory I point out to,
> but, the filename is not the same as the one I used to attach it. The
> extract filename seem to be nscript1.exe instead of nscript12.exe.  This
> definitely creates a lot of problem for my automated tool. Any help will be
> greatly appreciated.

Let me first say that I don't have any experience with using
Win32:OLE let alone using it to get at MAPI attributes.
But I do have some experience parsing TNEF attachments, which
seem to have MAPI attributes in them.

The following applies to TNEF attachments I've seen, I don't know
if its the same as what you're dealing with:
The short filename is in the PR_ATTACH_FILENAME attribute which seems
to be the value your getting. The long version of the filename is
supposed to be in the PR_ATTACH_LONG_FILENAME field, but when there's
spaces in the filename (from what I can see), it doesn't always really
have the entire filename. I've always found the whole file name in
the PR_DISPLAY_NAME field. Whether or not any of this helps you in
any way, I don't know, but there it is.

If these really are TNEF attachments, and nothing else seems to help,
you can always try Mail::POP3Client, MIME::Parser, and Convert::TNEF
to get your email and attachments.

Good Luck,
Douglas Wilson

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]