I couldn't be sure.  I just looked at it briefly and many code segments like
this

        xopen \*STDERR, ">&" . fileno $dad_err

seems to suggest that it might be relying on operating system redirection
that Win 9x doesn't have.  But it might not be following any of the paths
that take it through code like that. Or it might be that Win 9x perl
supports that even though the operating system doesn't.

> From: John Green [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>

> Joe,
>
> I'm not sure - I use NT.  The path through the code of Open3 on MSWin32
> doesn't include any '2>&', though.
>
> John
>
> On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 08:43:01AM -0600, Joe Schell wrote:
> > Does Open3 work on Win 9x?  When I looked at the code it seemed
> to be using
> > '2>&' which doesn't work on Win 9x.
> >
> > > Behalf Of John Green
> > >

> > > Clint,
> > >
> > > Look at the documentation for IPC::Open2 and IPC::Open3
> > > both do what you want.  IPC::Open2 will not capture STDERR,
> > > IPC::Open3 will.
> > >
> > > John

> that captures
> how to do both
> line that answers
> coming back
> two pieces of
> is so helpful!

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]