I discuvered a bug in one of my script when I install AS Perl5.6 Build 613.

The following example reproduces the problem:
--------------------------------------
$s='tmp\yir\pir';
$p='\\p';
$y='\\y';

$s =~ s/$y//;
print "s=$s\n";

$s =~ s/$p//;
print "s=$s\n";

The first  substitution workd, and the second generates the error message:

"Can't find unicode character property definition via main->AAA0001 or AAA0001.pl at
unicode/Is/AAA0001.pl line 0"

I  had placed the  two backslashes in the assignment realizing that the assignment
would eat one of them. I had not realized that the variable interpolation in the
regular expression
would eat the other.   The solution was to make the assignment look like:

$p='\\\\p';

What I don't understand is why the run time error for the '\p'?  '\p' is not a regular
expression
meta character, so it should have just looked for a 'p'?

---
Kevin Plyler, AG Communication Systems Phoenix AZ. 85027
Phone: 1 (623) 582-7670; FAX: 581-4884 / E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]