Hi,

I have a set of perl scripts that I use (on my Win2000 machine) to automate
my software testing environment -- basically they do a lot of chdir'ing
and
system("start /b myprogram.exe")

I really want to be able to use the same set of scripts on a Unix machine,
but have run across the problem that, unlike Windows NT, Windows 2000
doesn't cope at all with Unix-style forward slashes (eg. can't do a cd
d:/myprograms/mysubdir you have to do a cd d:\myprograms\mysubdir)

Does any one know of a way to deal with this? Even a way to find out what
OS the script thinks it's running in, so I could then have a switch to say
which style of slashes to use?

A further question: is there a better way of starting myprogram.exe without
relying on the system("start /b myprogram") command? My main reason for
doing it this way is that I do not want a new window started every time I
launch myprogram (I launch about 12 programs ... would end up with a lot
extraneous windows), and I need to be able to return to the script (so exec
wouldn't work).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Andrea

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]