khizar wrote:

> hi guys
> i am trying to read a  file <FILEHANDLE>
> before this i use the foll code
> if (-B $filepath) {binmode FILEHANDLE;}
>
> while (<FILEHANDLE>)
> {
>   rest of stuff;
> }
> this code works fine for all files EXCEPT  PDF files where it fails to
> detect the PDF file as binary file and hence binmode (FILEHANDLE) is not
> executed

As far as the file tests are concerned, PDF is not binary, anymore than
HTML or RTF is.  Open up a PDF file in notepad and you'll see what I
mean.

Ian

--
99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code.
Fix one bug, compile again, 100 little bugs in the code.

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]