At 12:46 PM 2001.06.27 -0700, $Bill Luebkert wrote:
>When using POST method, the form args normally come from STDIN (although
>you can also have args in QUERY_STRING if you specify them after a ? on
>the ACTION tag).  So you have to read STDIN to get normal POST args.

Or use CGI.pm, let it sort out whether your data is coming in via GET or POST, and
never worry about the problem again :)

     #!/usr/bin/perl -wT

     use strict;
     use CGI;

     my $q = new CGI;
     print $q->header( "text/plain" );

     print "These are the parameters I received:\n\n";

     my( $name, $value );

     foreach $name ( $q->param ) {
         print "$name:\n";
         foreach $value ( $q->param( $name ) ) {
             print "  $value\n";
         }
     }

Taken directly from chapter five of _CGI Programming with Perl_, by Guelich et al,
O'Reilly & Assocs, 2000.

--
Chris Devers                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]