the problem with that, is that i really want to have
nested data.  if i force myself to conform to a data
structure that can be CSV'd, i'd loose almost all of
the functionality of a hash, and kind-of defeat the
purpose of using a serialized hash in the first place :(

i'm probably going to have to write a perl interface
to mimick PHP's serialization behaviour...

if i do have to write my own, i'll be sure to post
it to the list for anyone else that might need
to do something similar....