Hi!

Maybe you know more than me about this.

I have an perl application that looks for data in a db and this data is
extremely confidencial. I wanted to upload the application to the Internet
but I dont  know if I can trust the security Im using.

I'll explain: When you access the Internet address of the application (say
http://www.myserver.com/mydir/myscript.pl) a normal password protected
directory dialog box appear. Then you must type a userid and password in
order to access the directory "mydir". Once you access the directory, the
script uses a second login script that asks you for another userid and
password. Once you type the correct login information a non-persistent
cookie is installed in order to make a function of a session and you are
redirected to see the database contents.

How secure is a password protected directory? Are these 2 methods enough
to protect this application?

If not, I hear any suggestion.

Thanks in advance,
Mauricio