From: Franki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 1:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: file creation in a directory.

Hi all,

I have a scirpt that creates "identity" files in a directory for each user
that uses the script..

the linux version does this no problems.. but the win32 versions can't seem
to create the files..

I have setup the directory the files are supposed to be created in with
read/write permissions with file inheritance according to the "host
controller" (I tried full read/write/execute to everyone as well.)
but it still can't create the file, and I can't figure out why...

the server is win2000 with Activeperl 5.6.1, and all other areas of the
script seem fine, but this is the only one that actually needs to create
files on the server, the rest of the script just changes files that are
already there..

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong? is
there some weird idioscryncasies that I don't know about with regards to
win32 and perl?

(the weirdest part is that it works on my home win2000 box, but not on
gnxonlines server..)

kindest regards

Frank