From: Wilson, Douglas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 7:36 PM
To: Dan Ratzlaff; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: substitution operator not working under ASP?

> From: Dan Ratzlaff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> But this page is outputting:
>
>  Authentication type was NTLM
>
>  Username is: DOMAIN\username
>
>  Modified username: DOMAIN\username

When it comes to web output (or any output for that matter),
I never trust what I see, and when
things just don't seem right it sometimes helps to print
hex values of the strings you're wondering about:

print unpack("H*", $username);
print unpack("H*", "DOMAIN\\");
etc.

Yes, its a shot in the dark, and a long one at that...

HTH
Douglas Wilson