I created a perl program to read in a web page and parse it. It works great on the PC I developed the program on.  I used the perlapp program to create a standalone executable and tried testing it on another PC (Both Windows XP professional).   But, when I attempt to run the program on another PC I get the following error message:

     500 Can't connect to 'website':80 (Bad protocol 'tcp') .

I can get to the web site via the Windows Internet Explorer browser.  I also tried installing the activestate perl kit on the PC.  Running the perl program gets the same results as the standalone executable, so I don't believe it's related to the perlapp program.  Any ideas as to what the cause could be?

thanks!