On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Foo Ji-Haw wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am currently exploring Perl ithreads on Windows. One of
> my discoveries is that some of the core threading methods
> like thread-centric exit(), suspend() are available only
> in the CPAN library. These are available in separate
> modules.
>
> The odd thing is that very few of these modules are
> available via PPM, with the exception of thread-exit. Is
> there any reason why thread-suspend, thread-running, and
> thread-signal are not made available on the PPM?

Under ActiveState's automated build system, a ppm package
will be made if it builds cleanly and passes all its tests,
as well as any non-core prerequisites. As can be seen from
   http://ppm.activestate.com/BuildStatus/5.8-T.html
many of the thread-related packages don't satisfy this.

--
best regards,
randy