Yes, I am BRICAS on CPAN...is that a bad thing? :)

> I would recommend putting it in the MARC::* namespace, since it's
> specific to MARC records -- maybe MARC::Transform::NACO or some such.
>
> A class hierarchy rooted at MARC:: Transform might be useful, if (for
> example) people wanted to apply arbitrary transformations to a single
> record:
>
>     my @records = ... some MARC::Record objects ... ;
>     my @transforms = (
>         MARC::Transform::Delete9xx->new,
>         MARC::Transform::StripInitialArticles->new,
>         some_other_transforms(),
>     );
>     foreach my $t (@ transforms) {
>         $t->transform($_) foreach @records;
>     }

The current behavior is currently to take a string in, normalize, then
output it. There isn't necessarily a defined behavior on a MARC record.

Also, as far as "transforms" are concerned, the decode() method in
MARC::File::USMARC can take a filter sub as a second parameter. So, I'm
still not 100% sure it should be a MARC-specific module rather than a
general normalizing module.

Perhaps we need to explore exactly how a transform would interact with a
MARC::Record object if we wish to go in that direction.

-Brian Cassidy ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )