<answering private mail AND perl4lib one, as I read perl4lib :-) >

Joshua Ferraro wrote:

Your code looks to be creating a bunch of fields each with one subfield in them.

right 1/1

This is not correct.

right 2/2

Furthermore, it is unlikely that the order that the
subfields come back from MySQL is the order in which you will want to build your
field...but I may be wrong there (not knowing Koha).

right 3/3

I'm sure the Koha folks
have some utility for dumping their database as MARC don't they?

right 4/4

If not they
should :)

-0.5 for the suspicion :-D
so, 3.5 on 4 for Ed Summers :-D

How should the field/subfields be set up? I'm not sure about the order, what
order should they be in? As far as a MARC utility there isn't one that I know
of, but I've emailed the developer who built Koha's MARC support just in case.

The function is in C4/Biblio.pm, like all MARC related stuff. And it begins by MARC, like every MARC sub.
It's "podded" (look at http://www.kohalabs.com/resources/pod/Biblio.pm.html for pod documentation on Koha)

=item $MARCRecord = &MARCgetbiblio($dbh,$bibid);

Returns a MARC::Record for the biblio $bibid.

Note that the order is stored in 2 specific fields of the mySQL table, one for MARC tag and one for subfield place in the tag.

--
Paul POULAIN