As you may recall, I am a cataloger with limited programming experience, and
I have been teaching myself Perl, using the MARC::Record modules. I have
posted the code I have been working on to my (hastily created) home page, at
http://home.inwave.com/eija/.

One of the files included is BBMARC.pm, which is designed to go in the MARC
folder/directory of MARC::Record. This file contains a number of
subroutines, including validate007() for checking that each byte of an 007
is within the range of valid values and that there is not extra data after
the format's limit. I believe the section on Motion Pictures is unfinished
(we don't have any, so I didn't go to the trouble of updating the section),
but the logic should follow that in Electronic Resources.

Please send me any comments you might have.

Thank you,

Bryan Baldus
Cataloger
Quality Books, Inc.