Hi all,

I've been working on building a cataloguing utility, currently under the
working name "ALEX", but I'll be changing that so as not to conflict with
Eric Lease Morgan's "Alex Catalogue of Electronic Texts" .

There's a few parts to it:
ALEX-DB: a database abstraction layer.  Currently works with PostgreSQL.
(there is an example of using Tk::MARC in the pl/ directory)
ALEX-Import: a Perl/Tk widget for slurping MARC files into ALEX-DB
ALEX-Search: a Perl/Tk widget for searching ALEX-DB

This isn't actually a full-blown application, yet.  But the tools are coming
along nicely :-)

If anyone is interested in playing with it, you can grab the modules from:
http://home.westman.wave.ca/~dchristensen/index.html

I would certainly appreciate any comments or questions  :-)

-David