> > Sirsi uses some non standard subfields to create links between records.
> > Typically these subfields are '?' and '='.  How can I add these non
> > standard subfields to records that I am creating/editing with
> > MARC::Record?
>
> MARC::Record is actually quite lenient about what you can use as a subfield.
>
>     $record->append_fields(
>         MARC::Field->new( 245, 0, 0, '?' => 'foo', '=' => 'bar' )
>     );
>
> Just make sure you quote '?' and '=' or else weirdness will ensue. :)

Just to point out that '?' and '=' are (amongst many other non alpha-
numeric characters) explicitly allowed by MARC21 for use in local
data elements. So they are standard conforming really.

Ashley.

--
Ashley Sanders                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
COPAC: A public bibliographic database from MIMAS, funded by JISC