On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:52:14AM -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> _get_chunk() is coded to handle "any combination of \r and \n of any
> length".  Is it not functioning that way?

Thanks for the clarification Mike. I didn't look close enough at
_get_chunk() to see it is handling the three different line endings.

As Bryan noted the t/81.decode.t is calling MARC::File::MicroLIF::decode()
directly, which itself doesn't call _get_chunk() ... and decode() splits on
"\n" ... so that's why the test fails (I think).

Ideally decode() would be able to process the various line endings
itself I guess. Especially if someone is iterating through some
data themselves.

//Ed