> I'm probably starting to sound nit-picky, but please
> understand that it's only because I think MARC::Charset is a
> great module and I'd like for more people to be using it.  :-)

Let me second Michael's statement. A couple of months ago we tried
installing MARC::Charset and ran into exactly the same problem that
Michael has described (although this was in a Linux environment). It
required DB_File to be installed--which wasn't, in our Perl 5.8.3
installation, and couldn't be installed apart from Berkley DB, if I
remember correctly. I should note that I wasn't the one trying to do the
installation, so I'm not 100% certain about the details. The bottom line
is that we ended up not using the module because we couldn't easily get
DB_File to install.

Jason Thomale
Metadata Librarian
Texas Tech University Libraries