well, it is available from the LOC website, so I really shouldn't need to
make a new one, should I?

On 7/14/06, Stephen DeGabrielle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I know its not quite AACR2, but why not make your new marc record
available at at suitable URL and put the address in the verso of you book so
it can be downloaded by libraries that want it.

Stephen

On 13 Jul 2006 16:22:00 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I authored a book and send one copy with an LCCN number which was
> aquired through the PCN program to the LC. Since, they have decided
> upon creating a record for it. Now I'm considering changing the book
> slightly and so I'd like to add a text block which at least looks
> similar to a CIP block.
>
> However, can anyone here tell me of any tool or tutorialof how to
> create a CIP block out of a MARC 21 record?
>
> Sincerely,
> Johannes Wilm
> http://www.johanneswilm.org

Stephen De Gabrielle