Enrico Silterra wrote:

Jakob mentions Z39.50, and holdings format.
I don't know exactly what catalogs you want to access, but if they do support Z39.50 they should support
the holdings format defined for that protocol.
The Library of Congress is the repository for these standards.

here is a sample interaction, with the yaz command line client:

[...]

Oh thanks! I am not that familiar with Z39.50 and I did not know that
http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/defns/holdattr.html exists. Now you only have to find out how to get the holding data with a script using YAZ and how to boil down this data to a usable format of 2 to 4 simple fields with a handful of possible values like location (any string), call-number (any string) and availability (yes, date, or no).

Greetings,
Jakob

--
Jakob Voß <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, skype: nichtich
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1, 37073 Göttingen, Germany