Från: Doran, Michael D [do...@uta.edu]
Skickat: den 7 januari 2011 00:18
Till: perl4lib
Ämne: MARC blob to MARC::Record object

I am working on a Perl script that retrieves data from our Voyager ILS via an
SQL query.  Among other data, I have MARC records in blob form, and the script
processes one MARC record at a time.  I want to be able to parse and
modify/convert the MARC record (using MARC::Record) before writing/printing
data to a file.

How do I make the MARC blob into a MARC::Record object (without having to first
save it a file and read it in with MARC::File/Batch)?  The MARC blob is already
in a variable, so it doesn't make sense (to me) to write it out to a file just
so I can read it back in.  Unless I have to, natch.

I apologize if I am missing something obvious.

-- Michael

# Michael Doran, Systems Librarian
# University of Texas at Arlington
# 817-272-5326 office